Are you struggling to identify your ideal client? In this video I share some easy to implement tips on how to create an ideal client profile without having to answer a bunch of random questions like whether your ideal client prefers sweet or salty snacks and what her favorite song is (because, seriously, how many peeps have just one??).
Tip #1: Understand what the term “ideal client” actually means.
An ideal client is simply someone who:
- Has a problem that you are able to solve
- Wants that problem to be solved, i.e. she is looking for solutions to the problem
- Is willing to pay for a solution
- Is someone you would enjoy working with.
Tip #2: Think of someone you know in real life who meets those criteria.
Create your ideal client profile by answering these questions:
- What are her specific problems that you can help solve?
- How can you help solve these problems?
- What does she want her life or business to be like in the next 6-12 months?
- How can you help her to make that a reality?
- What is it about her that makes you want to work with her? List down all the things!
Bonus tip: Create a “worst client profile.”
Think of someone you know who you would definitely not want to work with and list down all the reasons why you wouldn’t want to work with them. This could be anyone in your life – a nightmare client you’ve worked with in the past, a pushy family member, a sports loving colleague. And it doesn’t have to be a person you don’t like – just someone you know you wouldn’t like working with.